WOLVERHAMPTON WANDERERS FC CHARITY SHOOTOUT FOOTBALL COMPETITION
- By entering this competition (the "Competition"), you represent and warrant that you have read, fully understand and agree to be bound by these Competition Rules. You further agree to be bound by the decisions of Universal Spheres Inc. (the "Company") which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- The Competition is restricted to individuals who are at least eighteen years of age as of the date of entry in the Competition.
- Entry in the Competition is open only to individuals residing in the United Kingdom throughout the duration of the Competition.
- The Competition is free to enter.
- Only one entry per person is permitted (if the entry is by mobile telephone text message, only one entry per mobile telephone is permitted).
- Your participation in the Competition will only be permitted where such participation is legal and not prohibited. The Company makes no representations or warranties, implicit or explicit, as to your legal right to participate in the Competition nor shall any of the Company's employees, licensees, distributors, wholesalers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, agents or retailers have the authority to make any such representations or warranties.
- Employees, officers, directors and shareholders of the Company, as well as its licensees, distributors, wholesalers, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion or other agencies, media partners, retailers and members of the immediate families of each are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- Three entrants to the Competition will be randomly drawn from all of the entrants (the "Drawn Entrants"). The Drawn Entrants will be contacted and invited to attend a football match at Wolverhampton which will take place on February 19, 2005. During the match, at half time, each of the Drawn Entrants will be given three (3) opportunities to kick a football through a target (the "Target") from a distance of 12 yards (Penalty Spot) from the Target. Each Drawn Entrant will be given twenty-five (25) seconds in order to complete the task. Time will begin on impact of ball on first kick attempt and end on impact of ball on third and last kick attempt. The Target will be placed at the opening of the net and will have a ten (10) inch opening placed in the center of the goalposts, five (5) feet above the ground. Practice attempts at kicking the football towards the Target will not be permitted. Slipping, tripping and/or falling prior to, during or after kick attempt (resulting in a misfired kick) will qualify as a valid attempt at kicking the Ball. No retries will be permitted.
- Whichever of the Drawn Entrants is successful in kicking the ball through the Target will win the grand prize, which will be one hundred thousand pounds (£100,000) (the "Grand Prize"). In the event Drawn Entrant kicks ball through Target on first or second kick attempts, no further kick attempts will be permitted. Only one (1) kick through the Target is required to win the Grand Prize. For the avoidance of doubt, it is possible for more than one of the Drawn Entrants to win the Grand Prize (in which case each such Drawn Entrant who is successful will win the Grand Prize in full, and will therefore each receive £100,000) and it is also possible for none of the Drawn Entrants to win the Grand Prize.
- Secondary prizes (which may, but will not necessarily, comprise a football or football jersey or similar) will be awarded to those Drawn Entrants who are successful in kicking the Ball and hitting the Target on all three (3) kicking attempts within allotted time. Kick attempts in which ball rolls along the ground and towards the Target and makes contact with the Target will NOT qualify as a hit Target. Ball must leave ground and make contact with Target to qualify as a hit Target and the Secondary Prize.
- No prize will be awarded to Drawn Entrants who fail to kick the Ball through the Target AND also fail to hit the Target on three (3) consecutive kick attempts.
Enter the Competition by sending a text message with the word "GOLDENPALACE" to the following number 87070 or by posting a valid UK address and daytime phone number to:
GoldenPalace.com Charity Shootout
Host: Wolverhampton FC
PO Box 71
Kent, TN1 1XW
Text messages will attract a charge of £1.50.
- Entries for the Prize draw must be received no later than midnight GMT, February 13, 2005. Any entry received after this date will not be considered. The Drawn Entrants will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted on February 14, 2005 from all eligible entries received (the "Random Drawing"). The Random Drawing will be conducted under the supervision of a third party, whose decisions will be final.
- The Company reserves the right to change the date of the Random Drawing at its discretion.
- The first three qualifying entrants drawn in the Random Drawn will be the Drawn Entrants and will be notified either by mobile phone text message at the phone number provided in the relevant Drawn Entrant's Competition entry (if such entrant entered the Competition by text message) or by the means notified by the entrant on their entry form.
- Winner must reply to any notification text message, email or voicemail message within twenty-four (24) hours of the text message, email or voicemail message being sent or left. The Company is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify Winner.
- In order to ensure his/her place as a Drawn Entrant, each such Drawn Entrant will be required to provide the Company with proof that he/she is at least 18 years of age and is a resident of the United Kingdom.
- If a selected Drawn Entrant fails provide the proof required in clause 17 within 72 hours of responding to the notification email, or in any other way otherwise fails to comply with these Competition Rules, such Drawn Entrant will be disqualified and an alternate Drawn Entrant will be selected.
- No substitution or transfer of prizes is permitted.
- Your Competition entry will be disqualified and any prize awarded hereunder will be forfeited, at the sole discretion of the Company, if you have not complied with these Competition Rules.
- The Company, Competition sponsors and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of the Company and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, and advertising, promotion and legal advisors are not responsible for and shall not be liable for: (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, illegible, or unintelligible Competition entries; (ii) telephone, electronic, hardware, or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties; (iii) errors in transmission; (iv) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Company that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted; (v) any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by any prize awarded hereunder or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any such prize, or from participation in the Competition; or (vi) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition.
- The Company's web site (www.goldenpalace.com) contains links to sites on the Internet, which are owned and operated by third parties. The Company is not responsible for the availability of, or the content located on or through, any such third-party site.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate or extend the Competition provided that three Drawn Entrants are randomly drawn and are given the opportunity to win the Grand Prize. If the continuation of the Competition becomes impossible due to factors beyond the control of the Company, the Company shall have the right to cancel and/or postpone the Competition.
- The Company reserves the right to modify these Competition Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Competition.